Lama Jampa in Manchester – Jewel Ornament of Liberation
Lama Jampa Thaye visits Manchester on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 December 2021 to continue teaching the Jewel Ornament of Liberation, the key manual of study and practice in the Kagyu tradition.
This will be the seventh instalment of Lama Jampa’s teaching of the Jewel Ornament, which gives a complete explanation of the Buddhist path from its starting point to the achievement of enlightenment, and is relevant to anyone who has a serious interest in Buddhism.
Buddha nature, precious human life, impermanence, karma, suffering, loving kindness, compassion and the six perfections are among the topics covered in the text written by Gampopa (1074 – 1153CE), one of the most highly revered Tibetan Buddhist masters.
Programme for Jewel Ornament teaching
Saturday 4 December: 10:30am to 12.30pm and 2:30 to 4:30pm
Sunday 5 December: 10:30am to 12.30pm
On Sunday 5 December, from 2.30pm to 4.30pm, Lama Jampa will give the initiation of Chenrezi from the famous Sky Dharma lineage. Chenrezi is revered in all traditions of Buddhism as the supreme embodiment of compassion.
Please note that while the teaching is open to all, in order to attend the initiation of Chenrezi you must have made a formal commitment to the Buddhist path through taking refuge. Please contact Kagyu Ling if you wish to take refuge before the initiation.
Venue: The Studio, Lever Street, Manchester M1 1FN. Map showing location of The Studio.
Refreshments: Drinks will be available as usual at £3.50 per day. Lunch £5; both together £8. (Dessert is available for an extra £1.80.) Please note that The Studio will only accept payment by card.
Tickets: £30 per day; £20 concessions. Tickets must be booked in advance online.
We know that we can rely on the patience and discipline of Dechen sangha in helping ensure this event is as safe as possible and the event will be managed in such a way as to minimise risks for everyone who is attending. The Studio also require certain measures to be in place. We will update our plans if things change significantly but please assume the following will apply:
- Do not attend if you feel unwell or if anyone you live with has symptoms.
- Attendees will be required to show email ticket on entry, rather than queuing to sign in.
- We ask that people arrive no more that 30 mins before the start of the event.
- Seating will be spaced out as much as possible and we ask people to respect this.
- Stewards will be encouraging people to spread out as much as possible.
- The Studio have asked that attendees wear a mask or face covering on entering and whenever moving around the space. These can be removed when seated.
- Sanitise your hands on entering the venue and wash or sanitise your hands frequently during the event.
- Be respectful of other people and maintain social distancing.
- Do not move chairs and cushions, except to allow a household group to sit together.
Please note The Studio also require that a record of attendees be kept for Track and Trace and so you need to be aware that we will be sharing this information with them