Teaching by Lama Jampa – online booking now open
On 10 and 11 July 2021 Lama Jampa will continue with the sixth instalment of his teaching of The Jewel Ornament of Liberation by Gampopa.
This key manual of study and practice in the Kagyu tradition gives a complete explanation of the Buddhist path from its starting point to the achievement of enlightenment.
The teaching will run from 10.30 to 12.30 each day and 2.30pm to 4.30 on the Saturday.
At 2.30pm on the Sunday Lama Jampa will give the initiation of Yellow Dzambala from the Bari Lotsawa collection of sadhanas.
Anyone with a serious interest in Buddhism is welcome to attend the teaching but the initiation is only open to those who have made a formal commitment to Buddhism by taking refuge.
All tickets must be purchased in advance: Book tickets online
Tickets: £30 per day. Concessions £20 (student; unemployed; retired.) No charge for under 18s.
Please bring along your confirmation email to minimise queueing on entry.
The venue for the teaching is Bolton Whites Hotel, Bolton BL6 6SF. This is a few minutes’ drive from J6 of the M61 and has ample free parking. It is also a short walk from Horwich Parkway railway station. Please note, however, that, trains to and from Manchester only run hourly on a Sunday.
The hotel serves food and the adjacent Middlebrook retail park includes a range of restaurants and supermarkets. Anyone booking a room in the hotel using reference: 1007PREMIER before 2 July will receive a preferential rate. (£65 for 1 adult in a double room, or £70 including breakfast. Additional adults will pay an extra £10 and children an extra £5 for B&B. Under 5s go free).
Covid: keeping everyone safe
We know that we can rely on the patience and discipline of Dechen Sangha members in helping ensure this event is as safe as possible, despite its location in an area which has had elevated Covid-19 case numbers.
We would like to reassure you that the venue is Covid-secure and the event will be managed in such a way as to protect everyone. We will update our plans if things change significantly but please assume the following will apply:
- The teaching will take place in a very large room with its own entrance. This avoids the need to walk through the hotel.
- Attendees will be required to show this email on entry, rather than queuing to sign in.
- There are no congregation spaces or anterooms at the venue. This means all shoes and bags must be taken into the room and silence must be observed during Lama Jampa’s preparations on Sunday lunchtime .
- There will not be a separate room for children – an area will be reserved for families at the rear of the main room.
- There will be a choice of chairs or cushions which will be placed 2m apart.
- Queues to make offerings will be stewarded to maintain social distancing.
However, attendees are also expected to take responsibility for their own safety and that of others, so please:
- Do not attend if you feel unwell or if anyone you live with has symptoms.
- Maintain a 2m distance from other people throughout the event.
- Wear a mask on entering and whenever you move around the space, although this can be removed when seated.
- Do not move chairs and cushions, except to allow a household group to sit together.
- Wash or sanitise your hands frequently during the event.